While there are seasons to give thanks, research indicates that practicing gratitude every day is good for your soul, if not your business.
Here's how to get into the habit of giving thanks and the case for practicing gratitude at work.
While you are at it, here are some other entrepreneurial habits you should practice.
The entrepreneurial mindset has a lot of moving pieces and thankfulness should be one of them. For example, be thankful for :
- The progress of science that resulted in sequencing a new virus in a few weeks and creating a vaccine in relatively few months. Think about living (and dying) during the time of the great plagues in London in 1665 with no hope in sight
- The opportunities created by change
- The people who brung you to the dance
- The person that you are
- Mistakes and failure
- The people who read what you write
- Those who give you the gift of showing you your blind spots
- Your power
- Your ability to reason and deal with things when something bad happens
- The magic of compound interest
What's on your entrepreneurial gratitude list? Do you want to express your gratitude for being able to do what sickcare entrepreneurs do? Join SoPE in addressing food insecurity as one of the social determinants and DONATE HERE.
Practice virtuous entrepreneurship and go do your good deed for the day.
Digital Health Entrepreneurship is available on Amazon and Springer.
Arlen Meyers, MD, MBA is the President and CEO of the Society of Physician Entrepreneurs.