COVID-19 is transforming the world, permanently reconstituting the global order.
The global strategy that is now adopted will decide the future of the world, be it destructive geopolitical strategies, as a U.S. grand strategy for the post pandemic world, or constructive techno-political strategies, as AI for Everybody and Everything (AI4EE).
There are two types of world's problems, current global problems and fundamental problems.
The current global problems are generally listed as below:
- Global pandemics/COVID-19 Pandemic
- Climate change / destruction of nature/global warmth/pollution/overconsumption/overpopulation/urban sprawl
- Large scale conflict / wars
- Inequality (income, discrimination)
- Poverty/World hunger/Food security
- Religious conflicts
- Government accountability and transparency / corruption
- Future of the internet/Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Future of work/techno-unemployment/human digitization
- Inclusive growth/smart economy/green economy/all-sustainable growth
As for the fundamental problems, it is the theory of everything or artificial superintelligence, enabling the SDGs implementation.
According to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the current global challenges are as follow:
Goal 1: No Poverty
Goal 2: Zero Hunger
Goal 3: Good Health and Well-being
Goal 4: Quality Education
Goal 5: Gender Equality
Goal 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
Goal 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
Goal 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities
Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
Goal 13: Climate Action
Goal 14: Life Below Water
Goal 15: Life on Land
Goal 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals
Different governments translate the SDGs into national legislation, national strategies, and development plans using their best minds, as public-private-citizen partnerships.
"Digital Superintelligence for Public Goods" Strategic Roadmap
To address the most fundamental world problems, such as creating a digital super-intelligence, the AI4EE Global and National Initiatives, the following is suggested:
- Organize a consortium of best scientists, world-class computer scientists, AI experts, mathematicians, physicists, biologists, philosophers, etc.
- Secure a seed funding of few trillions, weekly lost due to the COVID-19 pandemic,
- Scale down the initiative at the transnational, national, urban and community levels.
The First Real Model of Encyclopedic Machine Intelligence
EIS has developed the first real model of the most sought-after technology, Universal AI, by including the following elements of Universal Intelligent Platform, I-World:
· Machine World Model (The WORLD.Schema, World Entities Global REFERENCE; Universal Human-Machine Ontology; USECS, Universal Standard Entity Classification SYSTEM);
· Master Algorithm (for symbolic and sub-symbolic machine learning algorithms, as deductive and inductive reasoning, connectionism, evolutionary computation, Bayes' theorem or analogical modelling; Global Causal Network);
· World Data Framework (WorldDataArchitecture);
· Global Knowledge Base (WorldKnowledgeNet, or WorldNet, embracing WordNet, ConceptNet, MindNet, TextNet, ImageNet, SpeechNet, ActionNet, PeopleNet, SocialNet, InterNet, CityNet, IndustryNet, NationNet,…PlanetNet, SpaceNet)
· Domain Knowledge Base (DomainKnowledgeNet).
EIS is proposing the first real model and system architecture of the Universal AI to all the interested parties, including the key players of the global AI market, as Google Microsoft, Apple, Facebook, IBM, Amazon, Baidu, Alibaba, and Tencent, to become the first license-holder of the truly disruptive and sustainable innovation of true artificial intelligence.
As a key part of Global AI4EE, Artificial Intelligence for Everybody and Everything, Mission, the Universal AI Model is to be offered for the leading AI corporations and state powers, as the EU, Russia, USA, China, as well as the UN as promoting 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The investment cost for implementing the Universal AI prototype as the I-World Platform is €1bn, which is similar to Microsoft’s investment of $1bn for a prospective AGI R&D.
"Multiyear partnership founded on shared values of trustworthiness and empowerment, and an investment of $1 billion from Microsoft, will focus on building a platform that OpenAI will use to create new AI technologies and deliver on the promise of artificial general intelligence".
ADDRESSING COVID-19 WITH AI
In January 2019, the AI4EU consortium was established to build the first European Artificial Intelligence On-Demand Platform and Ecosystem with the support of the European Commission under the H2020 programme. The activities of the AI4EU project include:
- The creation and support of a large European ecosystem spanning the 28 countries to facilitate collaboration between all Europeans actors in AI (scientists, entrepreneurs, SMEs, Industries, funding organizations, citizens…);
- The design of a European AI on-Demand Platform to support this ecosystem and share AI resources produced in European projects, including high-level services, expertise in AI research and innovation, AI components and datasets, high-powered computing resources and access to seed funding for innovative projects using the platform;
- The implementation of industry-led pilots through the AI4EU platform, which demonstrates the capabilities of the platform to enable real applications and foster innovation;
- Research activities in five key interconnected AI scientific areas (Explainable AI, Physical AI ,Verifiable AI, Collaborative AI, Integrative AI), which arise from the application of AI in real-world scenarios,
- The funding of SMEs and start-ups benefitting from AI resources available on the platform (cascade funding plan of €3m) to solve AI challenges and promote new solutions with AI;
- The creation of a European Ethical Observatory to ensure that European AI projects adhere to high ethical, legal, and socio-economical standards.
- The establishment of an AI4EU Foundation that will ensure a handover of the platform in a sustainable structure that supports the European AI community in the long run.
Access the AI4EU Project deliverables
The AI4EU consortium
AI4EU is a large consortium of 81 European academics, technology leaders, policymakers, companies, and businesses in AI, industries, and non-AI sectors. The Project is funded by the European Horizon 2020 programme.
The AI4EU partners
- Thales Services
- ABB Robotics
- Goodai research SRO
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Budapest University of Technology and Economics
- Barcelona Supercomputing Center
- French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission
- ISTI-CNR (Mobility Analytics, Privacy&AI)
- Artificial Intelligence Research Institute (IIIA)
- NCSR Demokritos
- DFKI, German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence
- Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt
- EIT Digital
- Eötvös Loránd University
- European Organisation for Security
- Fondazione Bruno Kessler
- Fraunhofer IAIS
- France Digitale
- Foundation for Research and Technology-Hellas, Institute of Computer Science, FORTH
- Forum Virium
- Hub France IA
- Institut Mines-Telecoms
- Instituto de Sistemas e Robótica (ISR), research center of Instituto Superior Técnico ( ISR/IST),
- Institution Information Technologies Institute (CERTH - ITI)
- Institute Joseph Stephan
- Karlsruhe Institute für Technologien
- Leeds University
- Roma La Sapienza
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
- NUI Galway
- Örebro University
- PG Conseil
- University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
- Smart Rural
- THALES ALENIA SPACE France
- Telenor ASA
- Thales Research & Technology
- TU Berlin / DAI-Lab
- Umeå University
- Technical University of Kosice
- Technische Universität München
- TU Wien
- ALMA MATER STUDIORUM Università di Bologna
- University College Cork
- University of Coimbra
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya
- Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- University of Siena
- La Sorbonne UPMC
- University of Venice/ECLT
- University of Venice/ECLT
- VUB Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Women in AI
- NEHS Group
- TWENTY COMMUNICATION
- HTW BERLIN
Leave your comments
Post comment as a guest