Want to learn additional ways to deal with anxiety? Don't spend any more time letting anxiety interfere with your quality of life. Get help if you need it. Here is a list of excellent self-help resources including some of the best anxiety books, websites, and apps available to target anxiety.
These Resources Can Help You:
- Read more about different anxiety disorders and options for treatment.
- Learn techniques to manage the symptoms of anxiety.
- Track and graph your moods.
- Identify your triggers.
- Set goals.
- Learn meditation and mindfulness.
- Reduce negative thinking.
- Join peer networks with others that struggle with anxiety.
Helpful Websites Related to Anxiety:
Websites Addressing Anxiety in Children:
- The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry maintains an anxiety disorder resource center for children.
- The Child Anxiety Network has information for parents, teachers and professionals to help manage and learn about anxiety in children.
- The website and blog of Hey Sigmund has a great list of articles to help children with anxiety. She is the author of the book Hey Warrior which explains anxiety in a way children can understand (visit my Mental Health Bookstore for a link to this book).
Recommended Apps to Help with Anxiety:
- Mood Track Diary: Free app. Track and graph your mood patterns and triggers.
- Pacifica: Free app to reduce stress and anxiety. Mood tracking, goal setting, relaxation techniques, and peer support.
- Happify: Free app. Overcoming stress and negative thoughts. Skills to train yourself for happiness.
- https://iocdf.org">Fear of Flying: $125-$595 depending on which package you buy. Includes online resources and support, DVD's, and individual counseling. It even includes a package for "flying tomorrow or the next day" where you can get urgent help.
- Anxiety coach: $4.99 This app is designed to be used over several weeks to months as a tool to gradually face a feared situation and reduce anxiety.
- Headspace: Free or paid versions. Meditation and mindfulness made simple.
- Calm: Free app. Reduce anxiety, sleep better, and feel happier. Includes meditation, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques.
- Breathe2relax: Free app. Stress management tools with practice exercises to help learn stress management skills. i-phone app, android app
- Insight timer: Free meditation app. i-phone app, android app
- Simply Being Too: $1.99 Guided meditation for relaxation. i-phone app, android app
Are you looking for the best books on anxiety?
Visit my Mental Health Bookstore for a list of the top books about anxiety for adults and children.
Are there other resources you have found helpful that aren't included in this post? Let me know so I can add them to the list.
A version of this article first appeared here.