If you're looking to increase the number of clients you have or shorten the time between meeting them and them buying from you, this article is for you.
Today, 9/10 purchasing decisions are made online and are tremendously influenced by what your potential clients can find out about you online. The problem is that the majority of content I see online (as well as my earlier stuff) DOESN'T help educate your leads or influence them to buy from you.
In this article, we're going to look at the three questions your customer base are looking to learn from you.
1. How does this help me?
A story I often share when I'm speaking on stage is when I first began selling my "Full Book Production" package. The process took me ages to build and streamline, and what it allows people to do is produce a publisher quality book with a minimal time investment from them.
However, I wasn't selling any of them!
Now the service itself was great, but here were my main selling points:
- The book goes through a five-stage editing process
- I've been producing media since 2010
- I make it easy and fun
Sounds okay, right? That's exactly what it was, just OKAY. Unfortunately, "OKAY" doesn't equal money in the bank.
My friends and coaches showed me that NO ONE CARED about any of that stuff, what people really cared about were:
- How quickly they'd get their investment back
- What was unique about my service
- Why they couldn't write the book themselves
So, I went back to the drawing board. Now, the three main results from the book are:
- Instead of it taking 18 months (the average time to write the first draft), it takes you a time investment of only 24 hours
- You'll be able to charge more for your services AND get your investment back within a year
- You'll have qualified leads coming to YOU
Sounds way better, right! The lesson learned here? Focus your content on demonstrating to your audience the OUTCOME of your product or service.
2. Why You?
Another question that stumped me when I was in sales meetings was answering the question, "Why you?" There are a lot of other great options when it comes to content creators, so why should my clients invest £10,000+ in using my team and I for their needs?
Again, I defaulted to things like:
- I have a lot of experience
- My work is higher-quality
- I complete the work on time
AGAIN, sounds okay. But every other person in my market is going to say the same things. Those aren't differential factors when it comes to selling. As we mentioned previously, people care about results! So, I made my differential factors that in the past 12 months, I've enabled my clients:
- To make two six-figure sales
- To increase revenue by 59%
- To optimise their recruitment efficiency by 33%
Now, THAT sounds way better. Similarly, instead of talking about how much experience you have, look at the rewards you've gotten from that experience. For example;
- I used to be the editor of one of the UK's largest tech publications
- My work has gotten 100k+ shares on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- I've interviewed A-list celebrities like Calvin Klein, Randi Zuckerberg, and a tonne of C-level tech executives
Make sure that in the content you put out people understand what makes you different from every other coach, consultant, or business they could be working with.
3. Who else have you helped?
The main reason why one of the most popular pieces of advice for new coaches and consultants is to get video testimonials is that we've all been promised the moon before. We've all met a sales person that makes a lot of promises and then fails to deliver on them.
That's one of the reasons why I talk about my existing clients so much and why you need to build a base of testimonials for you and your business.
We want to see real-life examples of others that have bought your services and the results they got.
However, I've seen a tonne of testimonials that are just, "[Entrepreneur] was great, they did a fantastic job".
Not exactly a WOW, is it?
Here's the info that a great testimonial contains:
- Who the person is
- The problem they had
- The results they got
- Where they are now
Once you start building a testimonial bank and using those testimonials as case-studies, you'll be well on your way to getting more customers and clients.
Thanks for reading! If you'd like to know how my team and I can get you more leads, automate your sales process, and make you stand out in your market, send me a PM.
What're your answers to WHY YOU? Let me know in the comments.
Leave your comments
Post comment as a guest