If you are like most people today you are juggling a whole lot of balls in the air at once! You are probably tired, ticked-off at times, and down-right frustrated with the fact that you are not feeling happy and healthy, and perhaps heavier than you would like to be. So what is the answer?
Well, it’s not just one thing yet we tend to think that some structured form of eating like going on a diet is the answer and that this one thing will do the trick! Think about when you make one of your favorite dishes. If you leave something out, it doesn’t taste quite the same. Right? Your health is no different. It’s not just about what we eat but so much more.
The right mind-set and holistic nutrition are key to the 9 ingredients to get you on a happier and healthier path:
1. Making your health a priority – stop for a few moments to reflect upon all the pieces of your current lifestyle. This will help you to identify what is really going on and if you are happy. Any change in life starts with making a commitment and getting in the right mind set. Your health is your most precious asset, so when will you start to make it a priority?
2. Making time for your healthy life – it is necessary to make a plan for this just like you do for other areas of your life. I know it may seem like the impossible right now, but there are ways to manage your current commitments and find the time in your week to implement positive changes. Start to identify where you might be wasting time.
3. Becoming a master of your uniqueness – we are all without a doubt totally individual and unique. So when it comes to what you eat, one person’s food can be another person’s poison. Learn to listen and tune into how your body responds to food so that you make more informed decisions about what your body responds favorably to.
4. Setting up your kitchen and pantry make – what do you currently have in your kitchen? If you have a bunch of artificial, chemicalized junk of course this is not setting you up for being healthy. Organize your kitchen so that you have what you really need in terms of gadgets for preparation and an abundance of real food. You don’t need to deprive yourself of your favorite foods. Just think in terms of upgrades.
5. Getting to know your challenges – We all have them! Bringing awareness to your choices around food in your daily life will help you to realize what challenges you may be experiencing. Awareness plays a huge role in making changes. How we do anything is often how we do everything.
6. Slowing down and self-care – Have you ever considered this as a non-negotiable item? This is so crucial to living a healthy and fulfilling life. Nourishment goes far beyond just the food we eat. Identify joyful pleasures that have been missing from your life and how you can easily incorporate them into your life without feeling guilty.
7. Having fun experimenting and testing – if you think healthy is boring I urge you to think again! It is far from the truth. Making food enjoyable and tasty is absolutely necessary so that you feel inspired to spend time in your kitchen regularly. When you cook, you put love into the food and love into you!
8. Cleaning up your outer world – putting up with things in your life that do not make you happy, have a negative effect on your health. So for example, if your home is cluttered it may bother you at a deeper level but you may not be aware of it. Perhaps you are irritated every time you get into your car because it is a mess. What will you start to clean up first?
9. Staying healthy on the go – this is so easy! Your body will love you for taking a few moments each time you leave the house to think about taking a little something with you! No need to stop off and buy something that has no nutritional benefit to you. Don’t forget the water too!
Ellie Savoy is a Board Certified Holistic Health Coach and the author of the #1 international best selling book “Stop Dieting Start Living: 5 Foundations for Your Health to Permanently Lose Weight Without Dieting Starvation or Suffering in Silence”. She is also the founder of the Stop Dieting Start Living Weight Loss System. Her commonsense and step by step approach has literally transformed the way people look at their body, health and life. She spent over two decades under a great deal of stress. She lost sight of the importance of her health time and time again; gaining weight and yo-yo dieting to take care of it, skipping meals during the day, eating too late at night, and letting work dictate how all of her time was spent. Many people need a trigger for change in life and the first trigger for her was her mother’s passing in 2008. Then just 21 months later her father passed away. Not only was this a ton of grief to process, but it started her on a deeper exploration of what is really important in this life. The saying “you can’t take it with you when you die” really hit home. She had been living with so much stress striving for more and more losing sight of herself and her health. The final trigger was in 2011 when she was diagnosed with two uterine fibroids. The four options she was given were actually not options for her! Three involved surgery and the other one was to do nothing. This scared her into understanding what she needed to do to naturally heal her body and permanently end the yo-yo dieting dilemma. This was when she really embraced making healthy permanent lifestyle changes. Since then she has been enjoying living a diet free and healthy life, without aches and pains, medications and a bunch of rules! She hasn’t looked back since. Ellie’s approach is not just for yo-yo dieters or those wanting to lose weight – it’s for everyone who is concerned about what their future looks like and wants to take control of their health. She has helped women with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, thyroid imbalance, irritable bowel syndrome, type 2 diabetes, and a host of other symptoms. Ellie helps you to show up in your own life, stop making excuses, shift your mindset, have a plan and connect with the passion in your belly to live your best life. It’s a lot of fun!