I love the idea of the fabric of time and space. A fabric that you can touch, fold and wrap around your ideas. It's not my idea. It's the world's idea. Philosopher, thinker, physicist and seeker have all toiled to make that little dent of their own. But actually Steve Jobs owns this one. The actual quote is “We’re here to put a dent in the universe. Otherwise why else even be here?
He was right. We have to punch with our minds and transform the world!
And you can start right now:
1. Change your perspective. All action comes from a conscious change in the way you think.
2. Fire first, then aim. The spontaneous outpouring of ideas and concepts shouldn't be interrupted by cold calculations of excessive reason. You'll have time later to filter your thoughts.
3. Trust your gut. You consciousness is actually a small part of the total neural imput to your brain. It's only 1/1,000,000. There is a richness beneath the surface of mind that is available to out. Some call it intuition.
4. Don't be afraid. Fear is the poison to creativity. Be bold and reckless.
5. Question authority. Simply put, you are the boss of your ideas.
6. Be curious. Look, listen and explore areas that aren't connected to your field.
7. Find the right questions. Sometimes, genius isn't about answering the right question but finding the right question to answer.
8. Strive to fail. Failure is the proving ground for success so swing for the fences. So, jump off the ledge and build wings on the way down!
9. Love. Love what you do and seek the magic of true intellectual engagement. Mediocrity is self-imposed.
10. Be still. In all the power and excitement of the moment, know that stillness from within reveals the voice of the universe.
So, find the wall that blocks you..and make your dent! Change the very fabric of time and space to conform around the awakened genius.
John is the #1 global influencer in digital health and generally regarded as one of the top global strategic and creative thinkers in this important and expanding area. He is also one the most popular speakers around the globe presenting his vibrant and insightful perspective on the future of health innovation. His focus is on guiding companies, NGOs, and governments through the dynamics of exponential change in the health / tech marketplaces. He is also a member of the Google Health Advisory Board, pens HEALTH CRITICAL for Forbes--a top global blog on health & technology and THE DIGITAL SELF for Psychology Today—a leading blog focused on the digital transformation of humanity. He is also on the faculty of Exponential Medicine. John has an established reputation as a vocal advocate for strategic thinking and creativity. He has built his career on the “science of advertising,” a process where strategy and creativity work together for superior marketing. He has also been recognized for his ability to translate difficult medical and scientific concepts into material that can be more easily communicated to consumers, clinicians and scientists. Additionally, John has distinguished himself as a scientific thinker. Earlier in his career, John was a research associate at Harvard Medical School and has co-authored several papers with global thought-leaders in the field of cardiovascular physiology with a focus on acute myocardial infarction, ventricular arrhythmias and sudden cardiac death.